BECOME AUTHOR-DIRECTOR OF ARTISTIC PROJECTS IN PUBLIC SPACE
The FAI-AR will recruit between September 2020 and March 2021 the apprentices of its 9th promotion (2021-2023).
– Application forms will be available for download here from September 2020. Candidates must pick up the application, pre-register on the online form, then finalize and send (or deposit) their application before a specific date in February 2021 (date communicated later – postmark as proof).
– The selection is then made in two stages: a pre-selection on the basis of a file in February 2021, then a final selection after oral presentations and artistic auditions in March 2021.
Over 22 months, the courses are divided into theoretical courses, artistic and technical workshops, research, experimentation laboratories and artistic creation. The modules roam over France and occasionally abroad. They aim at acquiring the ability to lead professional creative projects as authors and artistic directors. The course ends with a presentation of the outline of a personal creation project together with the defence of a dissertation.
At the end of these two years, the participant is awarded a Master degree « Scenic writings in public space » in partnership with the University Aix-Marseille (Contemporary performing arts).
The higher education program is aimed at artists who wish to develop their professional capacities to collaborate, create and implement artistic productions in the public space :
— creators: directors, choreographers, visual artists, scenographers, playwrights, decorators, etc.
— performers: actors, dancers, musicians, circus artists, etc.
— professionals in the fields of territorial- and city-planning: architects, town planners, landscapers, designers, etc.
— artistic project consultants, cultural mediators, etc.
The prerequisites for beginning the training:
— proficiency in an artistic discipline
— proved experience in the field of artistic creation
— mastery in French language (level B2 required))
FOR WHAT PROFESSIONS?
Year 1 allows the acquisition of the skills and know-how necessary to the job artistic assistant to the direction of projects in public spaces.
Year 2 focuses on the deepening of artistic research, the creation of a personal project, preparation for team management and the construction of one’s professional career to the job of author-director of artistic project in public space.
Cost of the training
- Administrative fee (30 euros).
- Registration fees to be foreseen according to the situation.
- The educational costs are jointly financed by the institutional partners of the FAI-AR and the vocational training funding.
- Possibility of receiving financial support depending on your personal situation.
Get an appointment : email@example.com
Find very soon the calendar of meetings organized at the FAI-AR or elsewhere between September and December 2020!